Thursday, September 26, 2013

Printing Press and Books Lecture

     One of our first lectures was on the creation of the printing press and books, and I enjoyed it very much. One of the main in reasons why I enjoyed it is because I got to understand the history behind the books that we read and how much it affected the world. There was so many effects of the creation of books and the printing press that I hadn't known about before the lecture, such as increased literacy, knowledge of history, Protestant reformation spread of ideas, democracy, inventions/science, dictionaries, and maps. One of the effects of the printing press that I wasn't too sure of was Protestant reformation, I don't feel like we went over that one enough in class and I wish there was more explanation of that one. However, I agree with everything that was mentioned in class, and thoroughly enjoyed the topic and anticipate it appear in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment