Thursday, September 26, 2013

Models of Mass Communications Lecture

During Mr. Miller's Lecture about the Models of Mass Communication, I learned about binary models, business models, and conglomeration and demassification for the first time. Because this information was something completely new to me it took some time to latch on to the idea that he was going for, but eventually I got the idea. Out of the all the binary models that we discussed (Hot-Cool, Informational-Entertainment, Elitist-Populist, and Content-Distribution) I think that Hot-Cool was both the most interesting and the most agreeable model to me. First of all, I believe that the name given to the model itself is perfectly fitting for its meaning, 100% attention --- multi-taskable. It just makes complete sense to me. Second of all, I agree that the amount of attention given to a communicational activity is quite relevant and can make a difference when debating on which style of communication is best for your business. Thanks to this lecture, I will be able to understand what the backbone of mass communication is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment